Dingo Pictures is an animation company based in Friedrichsdorf, formed by the musician Ludwig Ickert (born 1946) and the book author Roswitha Haas (born January 28, 1940, died December 8, 2015)The studio is known for creating traditionally-animated cartoons based on fairy tales and concepts plagiarising the works of big animation studios like Disney, Pixar, and DreamWorks. These cartoons are highly regarded as some of the worst animated films ever, often looking as if it was traced from another cartoon.
Their cartoons probably would have fallen into obscurity if they weren't featured in Europe only "video games" put out on the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 by Midas Interactive Entertainment (they stopped publishing them sometime in the PlayStation 2 era) and Phoenix Games (they continued to publish them until their bankruptcy in 2009). Though some of their cartoons did get individual English language DVD releases, they are cheap but rare to find. The movies were also sold on VHS in Germany, distributed by "Jünger".
The foreign language dubs of the cartoons have also gained popularity, with Italian and Scandinavian language versions also gaining cult status amongst people from those countries.
The company and their website still exist, and they license out cartoons to companies wishing to release them. However, they have not produced any more cartoons since the early 2000s, largely because the rise of computer animated cartoons has led them to be diffi
The company was founded in 1992 as Media Concept. Their first works were Perseus and Aladin. In 1994 and 1995 they also worked on semi-animated films told in the style of a storybook. In 1996 they changed their name to Dingo Productions and again that year to Dingo Pictures.
According to the Dingo Pictures website, they create songs, animated mascots, and advertisements for businesses in cooperation with a company only known as "FERRI". They also claim to produce animated movies and audio dubs for businesses by commission. The dubs are done in collaboration with a company known as World Wide Voices.
NOTE: The English titles in this section are the ones listed in the Dingo Pictures website. There may be some mistakes.
- Griechische Sagen: Perseus (1992)
- Die Nibelungen Sage: Siegfried (1992, storybook movie)
- Die schönsten Geschichten vom Osterhasen (1993, storybook movie)
- Aladin (1993)
- Lustige Weihnachten: Max' wundersames Geschenk (1993, storybook movie)
- Sing mit Aladin (1993)
- Neue Geschichten vom Osterhas' (1994, storybook movie)
- Goldie - Adventures in the Forest of Mystery (1994)
- King of the Animals (1994)
- Hampie, ein kleiner Wal entdeckt seine Welt (1994, storybook movie)
- Es Weihnachtet sehr... (1995, storybook movie)
- Lucy & Lionel (1995)
- Pocahontas (1995)
- The Mousepolice (1995)
- Land of Toys (1996) (Remake of Es Weihnachtet sehr)
- Wabuu, the cheeky racoon (1996)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
- Janis, the little piglet (1996)
- Peter und der Wolf (1996)
- Puss in Boots (1997)
- Little Dalmatians (1997)
- Balto (1997)
- Hercules (1997)
- The Musicians of Bremen (1997)
- Anastasia (1998)
- The Animals Soccer-Match (1998)
- Sword of Camelot (1998)
- Prince for Egypt (1998)
- King of the Animals 2 (1999)
- Lord of the jungle (1999)
- Easterbunnies (2000) (Remake of Die schönsten Geschichten vom Osterhasen)
- Teddy, the little bear (2000)
- The little Dinosaur (2000)
- ... more Dalmatians (2000)
- Atlantis (2001)
- Benni und seine Freunde (2004) (redub/re-edit of Peter und der Wolf)
- Arischa, the little witch (2005)