Goldie - Adventures in the Forest of Mystery (Goldie: Abenteuer im Zauberwald in German) is an animated film made by Dingo Pictures in 1994. It steals elements from Walt Disney's Bambi, which was released in the year 1942.
Alternative titles[edit | edit source]
- Goldie (Midas Interactive, PS1 release)
- The Little Deer (East West Entertainment, DVD release)
Plot[edit | edit source]
All the animals in the forest of mystery are happy: a small deer is born. It learns to run and to jump quickly. And because it is always merry and friendly, all animals love it. Wuschel, the squirrel is its best friend.
But one evening, when Goldie comes home, nobody is there to wait for it. That has never happened before. Goldie looks everywhere, but its parents are not to be found... Everybody worries about the small deer, but not even Wuschel can cheer it up.
One day an old bear comes into the forest. He has seen a lot of the world. When he tells about a very sad deer, which is prisoner in an enclosure, Goldie feels that this deer must be its mother…
Cast[edit | edit source]
- R.M. Erhardt as the Narrator
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is an alternative English dub which can only be viewed on the Russian DVD. There are a couple of changes between the two. For example, the narrator is female, and some of the sentences have been changed slightly.
- In the Spanish dub Goldie is male and is referred to as "Bambi".
- For some unexplained reason, the plot summary given in the Dingo Pictures website refers to Goldie with gender neutral pronouns.
[edit | edit source]
- Goldie on IMDB
- Goldie on dingo-pictures.de
- Goldie on the Dingo Pictures wiki
- The movie on YouTube