'On July 4th, the revolution begins… AGAIN!
-Independents' Day tagline
Independents' Day is a 2016 science fiction action film made by The Asylum. It is a mockbuster of the 1996 film Independence Day and its 2016 sequel Independence Day: Resurgence.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The alien Orions attack the planet as humans are deemed too violent. After blowing up many of the Earth's capital cities, they then heal many of the sick and offer to transport them; those who are hungry and others who wanted to go to another planet and many of the earthlings volunteer to go. An "Earth First" militia forms to fight the aliens, while the US Vice President (as the aliens have killed the President) negotiates with the aliens. The plot was noted to be convoluted.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Fay Gauthier as President Raney
- Sal Landi as General Roundtree
- Johnny Rey Diaz as Captain Goddard
- Matthew Riley as Bobby
- Jon Edwin Wright as Senator Randall Raney
- Jude Lanston as Agent Taylor
- Jacquelin Arroyo as Red / Fighter Pilot
- William Castrogiovanni as Major Fry / Fighter Pilot
- Vishesh Chachra as Sergeante Cates
- Brian Tyler Cohen as Ari / Fighter Pilot
- Christos Kalabogias as Norman Reed
- Jes Selane as Kelly Reed
- Kurt Sinclair as President Oliver
- Jonathan Thomson as General Henderson
- Holger Moncada Jr. as Moncada
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Transport Ship interiors were shot at Laurel Canyon Stages, which have shown up in 100s of sci-fi film and TV series including the beloved Joss Whedon series Firefly and a large number of Asylum films.
- Director Laura Beth Love provided the voice of the Alien Queen, and composer Mike Verta is the voice of the Sentry and Drones.