The Little Cars in the Great Race
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Little Cars in the Great Race (Portuguese: Os Carrinhos em: A Grande Corrida) is a 2006 computer animated film produced by Vídeo Brinquedo. It's one of the studio's most successful films along with being their first mockbuster.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Delivery car Cruise (known as Tonny in the original version) dreams of being a racer, but his chance to do so wouldn't come until the big race comes to town. Now Cruise must race for the sake of the company he works for, after tow truck Lugnut (known as Kombo in the original version) bets the fortune on the Champion.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Francisco Freitas as Tonny/Cruise
- Raul Schlosser as Kombo/Lugnut
- Claudia Victoria as Cris
- Claudio Satrio as Senhor V8/Mr. V8
- Cristiano Fritos as O Campeão/The Champion
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A French pack of DVDs that also includes Ratatoing and The Little Cars 2 (front)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first mockbuster film to have a videogame tie in.
- According to Vídeo Brinquedo, the Os Carrinhos franchise has been sold in over 30 countries.
- The music that plays during the credits vaguely resembles the Back to the Future theme.
- The characters' names were changed in the English dub, (e.g. Tonny was renamed to Cruise) however when the series was localised the names changed again.
- The film has strange parallels to Cars 3 which was released 11 years after the film's release. Both have a yellow car with the same name (with different spelling), a black car as the main antagonist, and the big race where the champion is unable to participate.
External links[edit | edit source]
- The Little Cars in the Great Race on IMDb
- The original dub on YouTube
- The English dub on YouTube